Saturday, October 08, 2005

SimpLe pLaN

Yeah! FINALLY!
Simple Plan - my first concert ever! Better still, it's the band I never would have imagined I'd get to see live. :)
Tonight was the best night ever, even though we had the furthest seat possible (last row practically), it was a great concert. Starting off with the local Kisschasy, to the The All-American Rejects, and at 9:30pm, the long-awaited for SIMPLE PLAN hit the stage!
The Rod Laver Arena was full of energy from the moment fans stepped into the door, and it sure did not die off until Simple Plan said goodbye at 11:30pm.
The crowd was made up of mostly teenagers as expected, and there were one or two families with young chidren around the age of 11-13. When Simple Plan mentioned how 'amazing' the Melbourne crowd was, the already overspilling energy hyped up even more. As I looked at the large crowd of 12,000 people in amazement, I spotted a few dad's sitting down with "when can i get out of here" facial expressions. At the end of it all, a teenage daughter asked her dad, "Did u have fun?" and I thought, "what irony." I don't know whether to call that sweet or just pure pity for daddy.
And then there was the "i'm too cool for you" gang. Down at the pit, people were body surfing, and as I counted throughout the concert, about 1/4 of them were kicked out. (okay, so that was exaggeration. But there were many of them. u get the idea.) and i almost died of laughter when I saw a girl being carried out by security because she fainted watching Kisschasy play their first song. (Yup, that means she missed The All-American Rejects AND Simple Plan.) Sounds kinda mean of me to laugh at her, but hey, if you're THAT weak, should have just sat at the back seats, at least u would get to watch the entire show and not pass out on the very first song!
Right. I really should stop picking on people.
Back to the concert and my friends.
But there's really nothing to talk about us. we're plain boring people. enough said, let the pictures say it all. as cliche as it sounds, paintings (in this case pictures) speak a thousand words. Enjoy! :)

Yea... I would put more, but it's taking too FRIGGIN' long! ~ as usual... -_- chao!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur pix are too small.
I WANNA SEE SIMPLE PLAN!!
i dont like you. XÞ

Anonymous said...

anonymous was me.... forgot to sign off- HUI SHIEN.