Wow.. It's hard to believe that a month has passed since my arrival in Granada. Today after class we had a small photo taking session with my teachers, Juan and Bernard. Then we went to Bar Alvira for a few tapas before I headed home for lunch (yes, tapas then lunch again... :P) anyway lunch was salad so that was healthy.. tonight I'll be going out for some churro con chocolate with Rocio and her group of friends, and a few other Japanese girls from my school. Right now as I'm writing, I have mixed feelings about Granada. Knowing that I might never return to Granada is something that saddens me, yet at the same I'm happy that I'll be going to Madrid for a short holiday, and meet yet another bunch of friends (although this time they may all be foreigners since I'll be staying at a backpackers hostel).
The Spanish language has only just begun to grow on me as a second language, yet it's already time for me to say goodbye. For now I can only hope that in the future I will be able to come back or at least to another hispanic land, so that I can fulfill my dream of being fluent in the language I have always been passionate about.
This past month has also been an amazing learning experience for me, as coming from the other end of the world, everything is different. From the way people greet each other (2 kisses for each person, regardless of how many people there are), the food (I love every bit of it!), to the basic working hours ( it can really be a pain sometimes, having a dead city from 2-5pm) is different. No doubt the unbearable cold at times does put me off a little, but living the same life as the locals here is something I will never forget.
After this trip, I will return to Singapore and later to Australia with a totally different view of the hispanic culture. Now I can truly understand what have always been an intangible picture in my textbook. Once again, I thank my parents for this opportunity of a lifetime.
1 comment:
wow.. i can feel the excitement and sadness if your post.. nice nice! Glad that you really enjoyed it! Have more fun... and enjoy more in Madrid and also - more fun back home! :P miss ya!
Post a Comment