Before paying a visit to Chadstone shopping mall, I didn't know that Victoria had such a thing called a "shopping mall." I mean, you can walk from one end of the CBD to the other in 45 mins, and shopping means little small shops along the streets. Okay, well there's Target and Big W where u can get cheap necessities like household stuff and supermarket clothing, and then there's Safeway where I do my marketing, but other than that... there's not really a place where people can 'hang out.' - besides the streets, that is.
Myer is always quiet, except during the massive sale times, where people rush in and fight for the last set of bed linen on sale.
So basically Chadstone is the place to be if you're thinking of a "girls day out" where you could just hang out and do all the shopping in the world.
A mall with everything from K-Mart to David Jones, with extra franchises like Jay Jays, Country Road, Esprit, Guess, Surf Dive n Ski, Ralph Lauren, - ANYTHING you name, it's all there.
Okay I don't want to sound like an advertisement for Chadstone Mall, because no, they are not paying me.. but I was certainly amazed that such a thing existed. I didn't have much time due to the late mornings and aussie- closing-time (shops close at 5 or 6 at the latest) but it was enough to look at what was available had I been given more time.
Guess i'll stop here, and maybe one Sunday, when i'm free again I'll go to Chadstone with those interested. ^_^ Get your Sunday Savers ready!
* Sunday Saver is a Sunday metcard that allows us to travel all over Victoria for a low fee of 2.50. *
Friday, July 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment