Friday, July 15, 2005

NLCAC and our biggest enemy... VSU

While contemplating on whether I should begin writing my report or go to sleep, i decided to 'step out of the box' as adviced by Oprah Winfrey, and start blogging instead. (Although I really dont think that Oprah had this sort of intention when she told audiences to step out of their box... but hey, words are subject to interpretation right?)

Anyway...

NLC was one heck of a week. I was torn away from my wonderful nights of uninterrupted sleep, and frankly, I would have to admit that this week-long event certainly did not go the way I had imagined it to be. My chance to see Newcastle was not only shredded, but it was added with dissappointment and dismay when I saw the venue or our conference. Not wanting to offend anyone, I choose to leave the vagueness of my description as it is. Moving on...

Of course, in every bad side there is a good side. NLCAC was a great place to meet new friends, and meet representatives from universities all over Australia. The positive attitude and easy-going personalities of the delegates made the week much more bearable, and within hours, there was a close bond that was formed between all of us.

Most importantly, the main purpose and aim of the conference was met, as we managed to discuss all the important issues regarding the welfare of international students here in Australia. With VSU coming up, all we can do now is prepare for post-VSU and hopefully pull through the challenging years ahead of us.
Okay,
enough of the serious stuff... here are some pictures to share my experience with all of you...
a few new friends, the conference hall, and the latino night! (formal dinner)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures from the conference should share it on the NLC’s website