Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Girl on the move!

So here I am back in Singapore, home-sweet-home. :) Penang was alot of fun considering the fact that I actually have friends there now!Experiencing nightlife in Penang was also an eye opener for me as I could embrace the nightlife of Penang culture. Somehow things in Penang are just unique. Well, I guess that wouldnt be surprising considering that Penang IS an island after all... :P
But don't get me wrong with all that's been said. The purpose of going to Penang was of course to visit family members, especially my grandmother. It was alot of fun to to back to the house that is ever so familar. Growing up without a hometown, the only houses I am still able to walk in and out from since my toddler days are those of my grandparents. So it's always good to return to the same house, even though it may be only once a year.
Perhaps what made me enjoy my holiday in Penang so much was the fact that my cousins were around, and although it does get quite annoying sometimes to be the 'big sis' around, it's still alot of fun seeing my little cousins grow up and they start telling u little secrets! ;) Not to mention, the DVD watching sessions were awesome.... we watched 3 movies in a day... gee.. I wonder now why my headaches come so often!
Okay, enough crapping for now, lets see if i can upload a few pics taken from my phone. I didnt take many photographs at all so this is all I have:


A few prisoners and...


Released!

haha.. okay so thats about all I have.. Looking at the pictures now I realise that I don't look like the 'big sis' anymore.. rather, I'm being overtaken by my little cousins! OwH.... how i wish i could still grow taller!

On Christmas eve, my family and I will be embarking on another road trip to Kuantan. Yup, I'll be going back again. But this time it's going to be lots of fun since all my cousins (yes, more little cousins) will be going back as well. I'm certainly looking forward to having a very merry christmas back home with my family and the big turkey! ;)

ps: for those of u who wonder where I'll be next, well i'm returning on Boxing Day, (26th Dec) and will be in Singapore until i take off for Melbourne on the 2nd.

1 comment:

aLy said...

Yup Julez we can meet up! i mean we HAVE TO meet up! haha.. same number!