Thursday, December 22, 2005

what a small world

The most random thing happened to me yesterday. I was out for a movie with my fellow MUOSS OB's in Singapore, when I had to retreat back to Orchard to meet a friend from school (yeah, two appointments in a day). Since I was only going to Orchard I could take pretty much any bus, while my friend Hwa Loong could only take certain busses as he was heading home. At the bus stop, Hwa Loong told me to wait for the next bus so he could get on the same bus as me. Nothing special, we waited for the next bus, and got on it. After two stops, I was both baffled and surprised when a fellow schoolmate from Korea boarded the bus. I scrunched my face at him, he responded to my weird actions with the same expression, and finally i brought up the courage and asked, "hey, are u Khanh?" and he's like "yea..." What a weird place to be having a reunion with a fellow schoolmate! So I got his number and that night we went out for a drink.
Sometimes life is just so unpredictable. I learnt that night that the only reason he took the bus was because he failed to hail a cab for the past 20mins with his mom, and as for myself, I would have never taken that bus if not for Hwa Loong. So i guess you could say that fate does play a role when such things happen..
Here's a pic of the both of us 3 years later!
Oh, and did I mention? We walked back to my place from Orchard at 2am in the morning. Yup, Orchard to my place on 55 Holland Road. That was and will be my excercise for this holiday!

No comments: