Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Wet Christmas

Not white Christmas.
On the night of 24th Dec 2005, it was wet and windy in Kuantan. The kind of day where it makes you want to sit home with a cup of coffee and read a book. But that did not stop those in Kuantan from making the best of Christmas eve! Roads were still jammed, everyone crowding to the one and only 'happening' area of the small city. As for myself, I went with a bunch of close friends to Starbucks where we could sit and chat while we waited for the clock to strike twelve so we could do the ritual wishing amongst ourselves.
Of course, the celebration could not end there. Even if it could, no one would let that happen. So after Starbucks, we went to the closest 24hour shop to get some booze, then back to a friend's place for a few drinking games. Needless to say, I was the first one down - considering my hopeless tolerance to alcohol.
On Christmas day, we had a nice family gathering, with all my little-but-now-big cousins. It was really nice to have dinner together especially since Uncle Henry had gone through all the trouble cooking up a big fat turkey! As I had my share of turkey I felt the warmth of family love in the presence of the entire family. The ambiance could not be better - children playing and relatives chatting with the background sound of the television... it's something that cannot be bought with any sum of money in the world. This priceless moment would be an unforgettable one. I guess that's the magic of Christmas!
So here are a few pictures to share the moment with you:




Yummy Yummy Food!

























Yup, so that was the turkey, potato, salad, and all others... looks yummy, huh?
so AFTER Christmas, I met up with my friends again to go for some stuffed shell crab in Kemaman. Which, just in case you dont know where that is, it's about an hour's drive away from Kuantan. That night, I was out again, for a 'cousin gathering,' and here's a picture of the 'older' cousins. the picture below that is my dearest cousin Siew Lian, receiving a little prize from me.. :P



































Then, it was another meeting with friends again, this time I met Pei Wen! A very close friend from Kuantan, whom I haven't met in a year and a half.


















Aww... so nice to see my cousins and friends after so long! This trip was definitely worth while. Well, enough said, these moments will be cherished forever and I'm already looking forward to next Christmas! ^_^

No comments: