Every time, I repeat, EVERY TIME daylight saving comes along, something is bound to happen to me. I'll either be lost behind or ahead of time.
This year, when daylight saving occured, it happened to be on the day I was really pumped up for gym. On a very cold morning on the 2nd of April, I decided that I'd be the first to arrive to the gym, so that I could get to use the equipment before they were touched by eeky sweaty hands. And yes, I made it right on time. 9am sharp, when they were supposed to open.
However, when i arrived at the front door, I noticed that they were still locked. So I figured, "ok.. they're probably a little late today." Luckily for me, I brought a copy of Good Weekend that came with the newspapers on Saturday, so I sat down in front of the gym and started reading (they have some pretty good features).
Five minutes later, a girl came with her bicycle, and she stood in front of the gym looking confused as to why the gym hadn't opened. I looked at her, she looked at me, and then: "Is it daylight saving today?" she asked. And i was like "umm... I thought it was on Monday." Then a guy walked passed and she asked him and he was like "yeah." There.
What did I do then? At 8:10am, everything was pretty much closed. All the buildings in uni were locked, and not a single cafe was open on campus. So i headed to Lygon instead for some hot chocolate while waiting for time to tick by.
FINALLY, at 9:15am I went to gym, but after breakfast gym obviously wasn't a good idea. My entire gym routine was ruined, resulting in me feeling not-so-good about myself, and dominos effect continued to rule the rest of the day.
*sigh*
if you're laughing your head off now due to my ignorance, congratulations. at least my miserable day served a purpose. gaH... nuff said. I'm off for some hot coffee and cookies.
Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
no hot coffee and cookies! u put on weight! :P
haha. u so silly... i cant believe u got up so early tho. o.O
hahahahhahahahahahahahaha..
enuff said!!
Post a Comment