The first year I arrived, I heard about this place, a fairyland, filled with tulips of every colour possible. I've seen photographs, brochures, advertisements... yet... I never seem to have made it there. Well today, it was a dream come true.
The tulip festival at Tesselaar Tulip Farm was an a trip to wonderland. No doubt it was filled with tourists, both local and foreign (what place isn't nowadays), I managed to detach myself for a minute or so and really absorb the beauty of my surroundings. Having waited for 2 years, I simply had to make the most out of this trip.
Of course, it was the company that made the trip all the more exciting and fun. Going with a group of cheerful and outgoing people with ever-lasting energy (or at least for the duration of the trip) the mood of the trip was at its peak from beginning to end. Not to mention, having my dear housemate drive the big van and myself, being the co-pilot and keeping track of where we were with a map in hand, it was much more of an adventure for the both of us! ;)
I was also really really glad that Alex and Ben could come along, because it was this trip that really rekindled many memories from our initial friendship, in the first semester when we were still new to this foreign land, and had plans almost every weekend. Today, I felt that sense of nostalgia, almost as if it was only yesterday that we had met.
With all of that said, I'd love to share a few photographs we so enthusiastically took and i must say... some of which we had to queue up and wait for our turn! (commercialisation... driving me crazy...) anyway, enjoy!
The tulip festival at Tesselaar Tulip Farm was an a trip to wonderland. No doubt it was filled with tourists, both local and foreign (what place isn't nowadays), I managed to detach myself for a minute or so and really absorb the beauty of my surroundings. Having waited for 2 years, I simply had to make the most out of this trip.
Of course, it was the company that made the trip all the more exciting and fun. Going with a group of cheerful and outgoing people with ever-lasting energy (or at least for the duration of the trip) the mood of the trip was at its peak from beginning to end. Not to mention, having my dear housemate drive the big van and myself, being the co-pilot and keeping track of where we were with a map in hand, it was much more of an adventure for the both of us! ;)
I was also really really glad that Alex and Ben could come along, because it was this trip that really rekindled many memories from our initial friendship, in the first semester when we were still new to this foreign land, and had plans almost every weekend. Today, I felt that sense of nostalgia, almost as if it was only yesterday that we had met.
With all of that said, I'd love to share a few photographs we so enthusiastically took and i must say... some of which we had to queue up and wait for our turn! (commercialisation... driving me crazy...) anyway, enjoy!
Was that Bollywood or what...??
All MINE........ hehehe... *evil laugh*
Housemates, bestmates. :)
And a few more for your viewing pleasure....

Enough tulips yet? I sure hope so... :P
2 comments:
wow really beautiful flowers! Glad to see u havin fun with yr friends!!
ooh pretty pretty!
Post a Comment