What is sensibility? Is there a wrong decision, or can it always be made right? Why is the sky blue? Is it really? Or is it blue because we want it to be blue? What if I told you it isn't blue? Would you laugh at me? Would you mock me? Or would you ignore me to avoid thinking and "wasting time"? Who then, is the sensible one?
I don't know. Maybe the sky really is blue. But what is blue? Why is it called blue but not red, yellow, purple?
It's raining outside. And I have obligations. Acting sensibly, I should brave the winds and pouring weather and make it to my appointment on time. People will be late. Because they are being sensible, and will have waited for the rain to slow down to avoid the free shower. I, on the other hand, would be insensible to the situation, because I was trying too hard to be sensible. I would be the only one appearing foolishly wet to an empty room, foolish for being sensible.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment