Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The End - almost.

I'm done! no more essays, no more fighting for the books in Baillieu, no more scurrying to the State Library to jot down quotes, no more enrolment headache with staff who don't know what they're doing. I'm Freeeeeeeeee~!! 

Well, for now.

But I should probably save the jabbering for later because I haven't actually graduated yet, and technically, the university still has power over me by holding on to my cert! *yikes!* okay, maybe not, since I could file a lawsuit against them and win. haha. *smirk*

I'm sitting here blogging, in anticipation of a call from the HR department of The Star to schedule for an interview slot. Now I'm seriously contemplating on whether I want the job. I mean, it is a journalism job, something I've wanted to do since second year of  uni (I decided on journalism after doing some writing and realising that getting my work published was fun!) and then begun to doubt myself the following two years because the journalism job market in Australia is extremely tough. Now that I'm back in Singapore / Malaysia, I figured this is a good opportunity to jump on the journalism bandwagon! But. So many things to think about, and I've gotten so many remarks on the pros and cons. Dilemma, dilemma... I guess I do want the job, plus minus a few things. Which is of course, impossible because that would only be my perfect job and we all know that nothing is perfect in this getting-more-and-more-messed-up world.

It's all happening so quickly. I officially handed in my final assignment on the 10th of June, and within less than a month, I've packed and emptied my room, settled some stupid rental issues which I came to know later remained unsettled, said goodbye to all my friends in Melbourne, experienced a horrible flight back which was delayed and eventually postponed to the next day due to some annoying airline engineers who refused to authorize our plane unless they get a higher pay, moved into my new room at home, adjusted to living with parents, travelled on the Singapore MRT more times then I have ever done in my two years living there (2002-2004), and now here I am, sitting in a room in PJ trying to figure out the meaning of life, trying to discover who I really am and what I will be doing. It's insane. 

I will be back for my graduation on the 7th of August, so hopefully by the time I receive my piece of paper in a regalia, by God's grace I will be more certain in determining the next chapter of my life.


2 comments:

Laurane said...

oh you're back in august. i dont know whyi have this crazy idea you'll only be back in october. ihope it's warm enough by august when mum (and you) come. aus (and adelaide) really is quite nice when its not very cold...

Anonymous said...

成人聊天室 , 交友聊天室 , 一夜聊天室 , 嘟嘟成人 , 聊天室交友 , live173电影 , 成人影片 , 谈心聊天室 , live173聊天室 , 已婚聊天室 , 真心交友聊天室