I've been so distracted lately. Maybe its the 'I'm leaving town' syndrome. Until now I still cannot grasp fully the idea around me leaving Melbourne for good. On this date next month, I will be sitting in my room - a completely different room from the one I'm blogging from now. And this room will no longer exist in the form it is in now. I cannot imagine how this very spot where my chair is will be replaced with someone else, and how this room will once again be turned into a room so alien to me.
I cannot imagine being an 8 hour flight away from this place, I cannot began picture my winter clothes that are so important to me now sitting in a box untouched. And these things are only the trivial beginning of what I am about to leave behind.
My past 4 years of life.
I still remember arriving one early winter morning, cold, yet excited at the same time. I could not begin to imagine the journey I was about to embark on. It was only 5am in the morning, and winter was ushering in. I heard the winds, that foreign aussie-ness in the English spoken around. I remember thinking "this is where I'll be spending the next 4 years of my life. What a long time." And now, within a blink of an eye, I realised: I've celebrated 4 birthdays, lived with more than a handful of housemates, experienced the most painful and most joyful moments of my life, discovered myself from a completely different side, and learned that completing my degree is not the end of the journey as I had first thought it was.
I don't regret my time here. If I could re-do my four years, I wouldn't change a thing. I believe that things happen for a reason, which made me into who I am today.
And for now, I should try my best to live in the present, because after all, we are not in control of what may happen tomorrow. Every day is a blessing in itself, and since I came here with the main purpose of getting a degree, it would be a good idea to finish off my final two pieces of assessments, before saying good bye to the land down under.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
wow you updated. about time.
and good stuff too. :)
you'll be home in a month!?? ive still got exams then!
kind of freaky that you're leaving already... time does fly! i bet pa and mum's happy though now that you're going back :)
heh. yes i did.
Post a Comment