Friday, August 26, 2005

Updates! Updates!





Wow.. it's been been a while since I last put in an entry.. been really busy with assignments and other university commitments so I guess it's not entirely my fault.. :P
anyway.. just some updates from this month. Mum came over to visit from the 5th of August until the 15th of August. We had loads of fun together and I'm so glad she came ^_^ Here are a few pictures...

The first one was taken at Chadstone, with Unc. Richard and his two kids, Sean and Lauren. The next photograph was at my place, when Aunt. Wai Yoke and family came over to say hi - they went out for dinner after that. and of course, how can I leave my own face out? hehe.. below is the picture we took at Crown Casino. Been 6 years since I last took a photo there with mum... it's totally deja vu ... spooky...
Yup, and the 14th of August was a very special day para mi amiga Jessie. Era el dia del su cumpleanos! Yup, 21st that is..
We went to Sofia restaurant at Camberwell, and of course, we enjoyed our huge gelati! Although we left the place feeling slightly sick from the huge amounts of pasta and gelati we were bombarded with, it was all worth it.

Then, last Saturday, MUOSS (Melbourne University Overseas Student Services) - which is the group that I'm actively participating in, organized a paintballing trip. Not knowing what it was, we all agreed to go for it and have a bit of fun. Little did we know that we'd come home that day full of bruises and muscle aches... I opted out after the first half with a few other people... Nevertheless, it was a new experience and I have no regrerts going.


Top: Min Hau and I trying hard to put on smiles while suffering our newly acquired pains...
Bottom: The entire group who stayed for second round. (obviously, my picture isn't in there coz I didn't stay! :P)

Yup, and FINALLY, there was a VSU rally on the 25th of August. I went for the rally to protest against VSU (Voluntary Student Unionism) on behalf of MUOSS. If VSU is imposed next year, students will not have to pay the services and amneties fees, however, many services provided by the student union would also be wiped off, and all clubs and societies would face a big problem as they will not be funded anymore by the union. Also, many fascilities would have to be taken away, or memberships would cost a bomb to those who wish to continue using them.

The picture above was taken during the march down to the state library, to meet up with other universities such as RMIT. Students blocked the roads, causing a slight delay in tram services. Policemen were also there to make sure that no chaos was created. Below is a picture of the row of horses that got bored waiting and decided to do "the big."


haha.. yup... look what's below the horse's tails... guess they just got a bit bored.. anyway I should stop here.. thus concludes my entire update for the month of August! Chao!

No comments: