Saturday, January 28, 2006

HAPPY CNY! ~ and more...

To everyone back home, and all my friends around the globe, GONG XI FA CAI!!!
This will be my second year celebrating CNY away from home... *Sob sob* But even though I'm not home with my family, CNY here was great!
On the eve, I went for a dinner with my mom's uni friends. Which was great, cuz I had a chance to regain my youth by playing glowsticks in the dark with a nine-year-old and a fourteen-year-old.
Then today, I went to Chinatown with Donna, and after that I FINALLY went to the Melbourne Aquarium which was just soo much fun! Been wanting to go there since last year so it's a dream come true - on Chinese New Year's day which makes it even better! Here are a few pictures of our (Donna and I) well-spent day out. :)
very very hot day...

Yea... how ironic huh... the tatts lotto and pokies shop also needed more luck this year so the lion had to come visit. Anyway, after the scorching heat and fire crackers we decided it was time for some nice Boost Juice, and then it was off to Crown! (we wanted to see if there was anything going on there.) Unexpectedly and unregretably, we ended up inside the Melbourne Aquarium. :Yeah... thats me.. trying to be a fish... trying hard indeed...


Baby jellyfish.
Neat, huh? and finally.... (below) the biggest squid ever! It's seven foot long if i'm not mistaken.. the eye alone is as big as my hand!
so yeah... enough fascination? Well it certainly was for me. After all this it would be expected that our stomachs start calling out for food. So we headed back, waited for poor Ben to finish working at QV, and then it was off to dinner at Kaneda. (I wanted yumcha so badly! but each time I mentioned that word, Donna went crazy so I decided to settle for sushi.) Here's the final picture, of us three, all happy after a nice meal.
So yeah... that was my day.. *yawn* goonite!!

No comments: